Guava leaves are worthy of so much attention since they offer an abundance of health benefits. They are high in vitamins A and C, potassium, healthy fiber and lycopene.
In this article we give you 17 amazing health benefits provided by guava leaves:
- Guava leaf tea can decrease bad LDL cholesterol without affecting good HDL cholesterol levels.
- Treat bronchitis and coughs with guava leaf tea
- Apply crushed guava leaves onto affected areas to relieve itching caused by allergies
- This method can also be used for relieving insect bites.
- Guava leaves offer an amazing aid against hair loss when boiled and allowed too cool on room temperature. Gently massage your scalp to stop any further hair loss
- Guava leaf tea stops carbohydrates from turning into sugar and thus suppresses appetite. This will also help you to reduce weight.
- Guava leaf tea is also great for upset stomach and provides a great help in cases of food poisoning.
- This tea is also effective in the treatment of diarrhea and dysentry since it provides strong antimicrobial properties.
- Guava leaf tea is considered to be effective in treating enlarged prostate and cancer.
- It is especially recommended for men who deal with fertility problems.
- Guava leaves are high in vitamin C, which helps to heal those trouble spots on your face, called acne and pimples.
- In order to prevent infections, aplly crushed guava leaves on minor cuts like scrapes or abrasion. You can also prepare a tea to relieve an outer ear infection. Leave the tea to cool and then drop some of it in on the affected area.
- Boil 9 guava leaves in 5 cups of water until the amount you have in your pot reduces by half. This is great in the treatment of dengue.
- Guava leaf tea is very beneficial for diabetics as it reduces blood sugar level and does not stimulate insulin secretion.
- Chew guava leavesin order to relieve toothache, inflamed gums and sores in the oral cavity.
- If you want to remove blackheads naturally, crush a few guava leaves and stir in a little bit of water. Use this instead of your regular face scrub.
- Use the same combination to prevent premature skin aging, and you will be amazed by the result.
Now when you know all these amazing benefits of guava leaves, you can use them whenever you need, and if you have guava tree in your backyard, you are very lucky.
Fore more information on guava leaves for hair growth, read this article.
Source: Health Digezt