They’re one of the most popular fruits. But as an avocado lover myself, I was surprised to learn the truth about them. The shocking facts may surprise you. Here are 8 unexpected benefits of avocados.
On average, I indulge myself with at least one avocado per day, so imagine my surprise when I discovered the truth about them.
Avocados are known to be a Superfood, but the number of benefits they provide are staggering.
Just to name a few, avocados are a great source of: Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B9, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Sodium, and Zinc.
Here Are 8 Reasons Why You Should Eat An Avocado Every Day: (Via Realfarmacy)
1. Fights Heart Disease Folate for your heart’s health. Avocados have 23% folate which lowers incidences of heart disease. Vitamin E, monounsaturated fats and glutathione are also good for the heart. Folate can lower the risks of having a stroke.
2. Promotes Eye Health Avocados contain more carotenoid lutein than any other fruit, protecting against macular degeneration and cataracts.
3. Lowers Cholesterol High in beta-sitosterol, avocados lower bad cholesterol by 22%, raises good cholesterol by 11% and also lowers blood triglycerides by 20%.
4. Helps Prevent Cancer Studies show high oleic acid prevents breast cancer, inhibits tumor growth in prostate cancer and seeks out precancerous and oral cancer cells and destroys them.
5. Aids In Weight Loss Avocados are high in fiber and will help you feel fuller longer, potentially helping with weight loss. High fiber helps metabolic health and steadies blood sugar.
6. Natural Anti Inflammatory Agent Avocado extract paired with a carrier oil can reduce the symptoms of arthritis. and flavonoids within avocados have anti inflammatory properties.
7. Slows Aging Prevents Avocados contain an antioxidant called glutathione that prevents heart disease, cancer and slows the signs of aging.
8. Contains High Amounts Of Potassium An avocado contains more potassium than a banana. Avocados have 14% and a banana contains 10% potassium.
Watch the video below to learn more about the greatness of avocados:
If the countless benefits don’t encourage you to stock up on avocados and eat them like candy, I don’t know what will.
Devoted avocado lovers unite! Please share and encourage others to eat an avocado per day — by doing so, you could save a life!